30 Sep Healthy Tomato Bisque Soup
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 5 large basil leaves, fresh
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot and turn to medium/high heat.
- Dice 1 small yellow onion and add to pot, along with 2 full cloves of garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Place content of the pot into a high-speed blender. Then, add salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, basil leaves, and chicken broth. Process on high for 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Transfer the contents of the blender back into the pot and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ½ cup of Greek yogurt. Stir.
- Serve with additional Greek yogurt on top, fresh basil, and homemade bacon bits.