Summer brings warm weather, which means classes at 781 are getting jammed! Please remind yourself of our policies to ensure that everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy summer:
- Please show up to class on time.
- Please be aware of dropping your barbells from overhead. Mindlessly ghost riding the barbell can lead to a serious injury.
- Unless class has gone over 60 minutes, please don’t put your things away until everyone in class has finished their workout. It stinks finishing alone!
- Please bring a small towel to class on hot days, as the rig and floor get extremely humid and slippery.
- Please ARRIVE to class hydrated. The gym can get upwards of 110 degrees in the summer, easily. Don’t wait until you are halfway through your workout to start guzzling. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after you workout. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded during a workout, there are instant cold packs in the First Aid Kit underneath the AED (located on the wall next to the dude’s bathroom).
- Please clean up after yourself. Lately there has been a lot of equipment left out after class. Please do a check around the gym before you go. If you don’t clean it up, one of your coaches has to.
- If you are coming to the gym to do your own thing, class always gets first priority. Please stay out of the way of class, do not hog equipment that is being used, and please no dropping weights while a coach is warming up the class, or giving a brief up at the board. Failure to follow these rules can result in losing open gym privileges.
- Open Gym hours are as follows:
- Mon-Fri 10am-12pm, and 2pm-4:30pm.
- Tue 6:30-7:30pm
- Fri 5:30-6:30pm
- Sun 9-11am
CrossFit 781 has officially partnered with SugarWOD, an online WOD tracking app designed to be as user friendly as possible to help you track all your WOD scores and weights. Track your progress easily every day, and never get caught not knowing what your last “Cindy” score was or how much you power cleaned three weeks ago. Starting the week of Monday, June 13th and continuing all the way until June 24th, we will only be taking your scores after your workouts via SugarWOD. We are doing this in hopes of starting a new habit at our gym in which all of us log our numbers on a daily basis. So if you like knowing if you’re getting better, please bring your phone to class! Also, I’d like to personally ask a favor of ALL of you: please make it a point to give at least one comment per day to a fellow beast. Positive reinforcement goes a long way! Who doesn’t love being told they did a great job?
If you have not downloaded SugarWOD yet, please download it from the App store, and join CrossFit 781.
Next Social WOD
Never heard of a Social WOD? The SWOD is simple: it’s something we try to do every month or 2 for the amazing members of our community! Our next one is scheduled for Saturday, June 18th at 4pm. The Lipsetts have been gracious enough to open their home and their (beautiful, sprawling) back yard and host a BBQ for all the members of 781! Please see the Facebook invite HERE to let us know if you’ll be attending. Friends and family are welcome!
Friday 12:30 Class
Tears! The 12:30pm class is on probation for the remainder of June If we do not have attendance of at least 3 people in this class for the last 3 Fridays of the month, this class will be cancelled.
July 4th Weekend
CrossFit 781 will be on a normal schedule the weekend prior to 4th. However, there will only be 1 class on Monday, July 4th. We will be doing a hero WOD as usual, details TBA.