23 Sep Turkey Chili
Posted at 10:40h
- 2 lbs. 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to a large skillet and saute 3 to 4 minutes until slightly tender. Add ground turkey and cook until done, crumbly and brown. It should not be necessary to drain.
- Add the meat mixture to the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients starting with the water. Stir until blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or 6 to 8 hours on low.